Certification of a management system is one means of providing assurance that the organization has implemented a system for the management of the relevant aspects of its activities, products and services, in line with the organization’s policy and the requirements of the respective international management system standard.
Certification of a management system provides independent demonstration that the management system of the organization conforms to specified requirements is capable of consistently achieving its stated policy and objectives and is effectively implemented.
Conformity assessment, such as the certification of a management system, thereby provides value to the organization. Certification activities involve the audit of an organization’s management system.
The form of attestation of conformity of an organization’s management system to a specific management system standard or other normative requirements is usually a certification document or a certificate.
"Smarttrans" LLC performs certification in accordance to the following principles:
- responding to complaints.
Certification in seven steps
Management systems certification by a certification body can be accomplished in seven steps.
1. Commitment Once you've selected SmarTTranS LLC as your certification body and your audit date is set, you'll be assigned a lead auditor to guide you through the entire process.
2. Pre-assessment This step is optional, but it can be extremely helpful in identifying potential problem areas and improving the likelihood of achieving certification on your first attempt. It's a small investment that can pay dividends later, by saving the time and money required to perform a second audit.
3. Stage I audit At this stage, your lead auditor will confirm that your management system has been designed to conform to the requirements of the standard and achieve the organization's policy objectives. During this audit, our team will evaluate the capability of the management system to manage compliance with statutory, regulatory, and contractual requirements. At the end of the audit, you will be informed of the results of Stage I. If the results are acceptable, you will receive confirmation for proceeding with the Stage II audit. You will also be given a predetermined amount of time to correct any non-conformity found.
4. Stage II audit Your assessment team, supervised by your lead auditor, will review your management system in the least disruptive manner possible. The objectives of the audit are to confirm that the management system conforms to all the requirements of the standard, and that your organization has effectively implemented the system so it can achieve the organization's policy objectives. You will be given a predetermined amount of time to correct any nonconformity found.
5. Certification decision process
Upon completion of each certification activity, SmarTTranS personnel will conduct an independent and impartial review of the audit to evaluate the outcomes of the audit processes including related recommendations of the auditing team prior to issuing certification. Based on the audit conclusions, the certification body makes a decision to grant, maintain, renew and/or restore certification if there is sufficient objective evidence of conformity; or to refuse, suspend or withdraw certification if there is not sufficient evidence of conformity or significant evidence of nonconformity. Certification cannot be issued if the organization persistently or seriously fails to meet certification requirements, such a frequency of audits, lack of implementation of effective corrective actions, default of payment. The certification body may also decide to include expansion or reduction of the scope of certification.
6. Certification Congratulations! At this point, your company has achieved its certification and will be registered as such. When you receive your certificate, you'll gain the assurance your certification affords.
7. Follow-up evaluations Regular annual or semi-annual surveillance visits are performed according to your preference and standard requirements. A full certification re-assessment will take place every three years ensure ongoing conformity.